Effective Date: March 11, 2020
- What types of information do we collect through our Services?
When you access or use any of our Services, we may collect personally identifiable information as well as non-personally identifiable information associated with you, including without limitation the following:
- Registration Information. When you register with us to use certain of our Services, you may be asked to provide some personal information, including your first and last names and email address or phone number. You may also be asked to provide similar information to us from time to time as you access or use any of our Services.
- User Content. As part of using certain of our Services, you may send us documents, files, and similar materials containing information about you or that may otherwise be associated with you.
- Usage and Demographics Information. When you access or use any of our Services, we may record certain usage information, such as details about your computer or mobile phone, the name of your Internet Offerings Provider (ISP), your IP address, the website from which you visit our Services, the pages on our Services that you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit and other statistical information about your visit to our Services. We may also collect aggregated demographic information regarding users of our Services, such as age, gender, and income information.
- Information We Collect Via Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies. When you access or use any of our Services, we may send “cookies”, “web beacons”, and similar technologies to your computer or device, and otherwise employ such technologies, in connection with operating our Services. These technologies can identify you as a unique customer and store your personal preferences as well as product preferences, tell us which webpages you have visited, and in what order, and identify your computer or device. On their own, cookies or web beacons do not contain or reveal personally identifiable information; however, if you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information about you, it can be linked to the anonymous data stored in the cookies and/or web beacons.
- Information Collected By Third-Party Integrated Technologies. As with many operators of websites and mobile applications, we may incorporate third-party ads, offerings, and technologies (such as plugins, pixels, and cookies) into our Services enabling certain third parties to collect information about you and your activities across other websites and applications through your use of our Services. Any information collected through such integrated ads, offerings, or technologies is collected directly by these third parties for use by such third parties and other authorized parties, subject to the privacy policies of such other parties.
3. How do we use information about you collected through our Services?
We may use information collected about you through our Services for a variety of commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, the following:
- to provide our Services to you, and to carry out our other business purposes;
- to respond to inquiries that you may have about any of our Services, or about our company;
- to improve our Services;
- to inform you of changes made to any of our Services;
- to market our products and services to you, and to inform you of certain products or services of third parties which may be of interest to you;
- to maintain a customer profile for you;
- to understand general customer trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies for our products and services; and
- to conduct other commercial activities.
We may also use information about you that we collect through any of our Services for security, administrative, and legal purposes.
- How long do we maintain information about you collected through our Services?
We will retain information about you collected through any of our Services for at least as long as it serves the purposes for which it was initially collected or subsequently authorized, and we may keep such information indefinitely.
- To whom do we disclose information about you collected through our Services?
We may disclose information collected about you to third parties either (i) when we have your permission, or (ii) in any of the following situations without your permission:
- We may disclose information collected about you to third-party service providers or other partners who perform services on our behalf in connection with any of our Services, including without limitation in connection with our service provider or partner completing a transaction that you conduct with us. When we transfer personally identifiable information about you to such a service provider or partner, that entity will be required to use such information only to carry out those services that we have requested and to provide adequate protection for such information.
- We may disclose the results of aggregate information or blind data about users of any of our Services to third parties. In such circumstances, we do not disclose to these entities any personally identifiable information about users of any of our Services.
- As noted above, information about you collected via third-party ads, offerings, and technologies integrated with any of our Services will be disclosed to the third parties providing or operating such ads, offerings, or technologies.
- We may disclose information collected about you with our auditors, attorneys, and similar advisors in connection with our receiving their professional services, subject to standard confidentiality obligations.
- We may disclose information about you to the government or to third parties under certain circumstances when legally obligated to do so, such as in connection with suspected illegal activity in connection with any of our Services, or to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process. We reserve the right to release such information to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
- We may also disclose information about you to third parties if needed to enforce any of our end user terms applicable to our Services; to conduct any investigation of potential violations thereof; to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; to protect the rights, property or safety of Spectacles or others; or to protect against harm to any element of the Services.
- Do our websites support “Do Not Track” signals?
At this time, our websites do not support “Do Not Track” preferences that may be available in your browser. For more information about Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
- What are your California Privacy Rights? Do we share information about you with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes?
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, unless you have first affirmatively agreed to that disclosure.
- Will your employer have access to information collected about you through our Services?
If you use any of our Services as a representative of a third party, such as your employer, that party may review and modify your personal information, ask us to delete your personal information, or request that we cease collecting your personal information. If your employer asks us to delete your personal information or cease collecting your personal information, we may terminate your right to access our Services.
- What security measures do we employ for information about you collected through our Services?
We have implemented and follow reasonable industry standard technical and procedural measures (including encryption of certain information) intended to protect against unauthorized access and use of information about you collected through our Services. HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT FULLY ELIMINATE THESE RISKS AS, DESPITE OUR BEST INTENTIONS, NO TECHNOLOGY IS COMPLETELY SECURE. OUR SERVICES ARE OPERATED ON SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, AND NETWORKS, ANY COMPONENT OF WHICH MAY, FROM TIME TO TIME, EXPERIENCE BREACHES OF SECURITY OR OTHER ISSUES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Accordingly we cannot guarantee that any information about you collected through any of our Services, whether during transmission or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others who do not have your authorization. Any such transmission or sharing of that information is done at your own risk.
You also play a role in protecting your personal information. Please do not share any user IDs or passwords with others.
- What are the policies of linked websites and other third parties?
In addition, as noted above, when you are using our Services you may be interfacing with third-party integrated services, such as third parties presenting or serving advertisements, third parties providing us with data collection, reporting and ad response measurement, and third parties assisting us with the delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. We prohibit those third parties from collecting any information through our Services other than aggregate information and blind data about our users. In any event, please note that Spectacles is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties.
- How can you correct, update or make choices about the personally identifiable information collected through our Services and that we are storing?
You can update, change or delete any personally identifiable information we have collected about you through our Services at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
You can choose not to receive promotional communications from us by following the instructions in any communications you receive from us. Please note that this will not stop us from sending emails to you about your account or your transactions with us.
- What is our policy on the use of our Services by children?
Our Services are not designed or intended to be attractive to use by children under 13 years old, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years old. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OLD, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF OUR SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If you learn that your child under 13 years old has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us. We will delete that data from our systems.
- How can you contact us?